Reflect Back and Look Ahead:
- You will learn how to make engineering drawings and use them in the
- You will learn how to make a CAD model and use it in the process of
Challenge: How do you design and create a challenging and
entertaining cube puzzle?
- John (TexPREP student) I made all of my puzzle pieces the
same color so that it was more difficult to solve. I wanted to have
the hardest puzzle to solve. Students can practice on the easy ones
and then try mine out.
- Jennifer (freshman engineering student) I put
different textures on my puzzle
pieces using pictures of my cat. I think that cat lovers will enjoy
solving my puzzle.
- Mike (Computer programmer) I really enjoyed solving the
cube puzzle. Some are easier than
others. I got familiar with the tools on an easy one and then had fun
with some of the more challenging ones. The only thing that I didn't
like is that it doesn't let you know when the puzzle is solved. It is
a great way to work on 3D visualization skills. Keep up the good work.
Research and Revise:
- Learn how to make engineering drawings.
- Learn how to work with Cartesian coordinates in a three dimensional space.
- Learn how to create computer models of three dimensional objects.
- Apply your new drawing skills.
- Complete multiview and pictorial
drawings of each puzzle piece and the assembly.Drawings Worksheet,
- Make a free hand exploded view of puzzle
assembly as a pictorial drawing.
Test Your Mettle:
- Games and Quizzes
- Exam - Create a pictorial drawing from a multiview drawing of a solid
object and make a computer model of the object.
Go Public: Create a Cube Puzzle
with your own puzzle pieces using the virtual reality modeling language (VRML)
format. Download the cube puzzle and replace the demo parts (1-4) with your own puzzle pieces.